Monday, January 3, 2011

In the Closet

Happy New Year!  Have you made any resolutions for yourself?  If you're like many, you've vowed to perhaps get in shape, eat more healthfully, or to (once and for all) get organized!  I noticed trending on yahoo yesterday, along with the various weddings, engagements and separations of Valerie Bertenelli, Shania Twain and John Mellencamp, that "closet organizers" was ranked number five!

I've vowed to try to downsize my "stuff" and focus more on enjoying the things I'm lucky enough to have, instead of on acquiring more and more, and then getting frustrated by the process of organizing, cleaning, sorting and stashing it all on a daily basis.  It's a problem of excess - a problem I guess I'm lucky to have.  

I got a great start a couple of months ago, when a good friend (and impeccably organized mother of four!) started a professional organizing service.  She helped me tackle my master bedroom closet, which clearly needed some major help:

(and this is the "cleaned-up" before shot, so I wouldn't be totally humiliated when she arrived to help)

And the afters:





If you live in the Boston area and are interested in her organizing services, click here!  And for further inspiration, check out these celeb closets, courtesy of Elle Decor and InStyle Magazines.


J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons

Nate Berkus

Josie Natori

Eva Longoria

Jimmy Choo founder Tamara Mellon

Nanette Lapore

No comments:

Post a Comment